In today’s lesson, I am going to teach you all about present indefinite tense in the Urdu and Hindi Languages. We mostly use the present indefinite tense for repeated actions. Repeated action means things we often do. We also use this tenses to tell our daily routine. There are few more uses of this tense, but we will learn about them later. As a beginner, you just need to know that this tense is used for repeated action. Let’s learn how to make an affirmative, negative and interrogative sentence in this tense.
An affirmative sentence is a simple statement. In an affirmative sentence, we don’t ask a question. For making an affirmative sentence, we always use the first form of a verb and add “s” or “es” to the end of it. “s” or “es” is used according to the subject of a sentence. If the subject is he, she, it or any singular noun, “s” or “es” will be used. If the subject is you, we, they, I or any plural noun, we will not use “s” or “es” at the end of the verb. A comma is added to the end of each sentence.
Subject + verb + s or es + object + comma
Subject + verb + object + comma
- She takes a bath once a week.
- I always take care of my pet cat.
- Aqib is a vegetarian. He always eats the fresh vegetable.
- They like to eat spicy food.
“Do not” or “Does not” is used to make a negative sentence. If the subject is he, she, it or any singular noun we use “does not”. Or if the subject is you, we, I, they or any plural noun, “do not” is used to making a negative sentence. We use a negative sentence to show disagreement.
Subject + do not + verb + object + comma
Subject + does not + verb + object + comma
- She doesn’t take a bath once a week.
- I don’t take care of my pet cat.
- Aqib is a vegetarian. He doesn’t eat the fresh vegetable.
- They don’t like to eat spicy food.
A sentence that is used to ask a question is called an interrogative sentence. “do” or “does” comes at the beginning of a sentence and it always ends with a question mark.
Do + subject + verb + object + question mark.
Does + subject + verb + object + question mark.
- Does she take a bath once a week?
- Do I take care of my pet cat?
- Aqib is a vegetarian. Does he eat fresh vegetable?
- Do they like to eat spicy food?
I hope you have been able to understand our today’s lesson. If not, then watch the video in Urdu and Hindi Language.